The moringa tree is called “the miracle tree” in many parts of the world due to its rich nutrient density. It contains fats, protein, vitamin C, iron, carotenoids, potassium and other helpful nutrients which can improve your health. All of the tree’s parts are used in different nutritional supplements and are also added to cosmetic products.
Aside from moringa’s rich nutritional profile, the tree has amazing health benefits as well. Certain chemical compounds found in moringa have beneficial biochemical activities which can fight atherosclerosis and boost your immune system besides possessing powerful antiviral, antioxidant and anti-tumor properties.
Here are some of moringa’s health benefits:
- The tree is rich in antioxidants which clean up your gut and remove any excess waste leftover from a greasy meal.
- Moringa has powerful antibiotic properties which can eliminate bacteria in the gut that are responsible for gastritis, ulcers and gastric cancer.
- The moringa seeds are great for purifying water, and work better than most synthetic materials used for the same purpose.
- Moringa leaves are rich in vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. Just 100 gr. of the tree’s leaves contain 9 times more protein than in yogurt, 10 times more vitamin A than in carrots, 15 times more potassium than in bananas, 17 times more calcium than in milk, 12 times more vitamin C than in oranges and 25 times more iron than spinach .
- The leaves also contain chlorogenic aid which can slow down sugar absorption in the body.
- The tree has demonstrated powerful anti-tumor and anti-cancer effects thanks to the presence of a compound called niaziminin.
- Moringa can regulate your thyroid function and help it work properly.